Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Reflexology and the Brain-Gut Axis

 

What Happens in Vagus

Reflexology and the
Brain-Gut Axis



Save the date

Nov 21-22, 2020


Prerequisite: Certified Reflexologist 
Perhaps you are aware that the Vagus Nerve sends 80-90% of it's communication to the Brain.  The Brain then assesses that information and communicates back to the Body making up the other 10% of the "conversation."  This makes balancing the Vagus Nerve a valuable part of a Reflexology protocol when addressing:
PTSD
Depression
Anxiety
Grief
not to mention
IBS
Pancreatitis
Blood Pressure
just to name a few.
Discover the difference Reflexology can make!
This class is designed to familiarize you with anatomical and reflective locations of the Vagus Nerve and its branches. 

14 ARCB CEU's
have been assigned to this education.
Class cost: NCRA Members 295.00
(applies to members of out of state associations as well)
Non Members: 355.00
If registered before Nov 7

If registered after Nov 7
Members: 325.00
Non Members 375.00

Register with payment to:
The Academy of Reflective Wellness
4010 Oak St
Salisbury NC 28147

You can also submit payment to 
PayPal at cyndihill@att.net 

Class Location:
4070 Pine St.
Salisbury NC 28147

Upon receipt of payment, your class notes file will be emailed to you.  Please include the current functioning email you wish to receive your file to.
An additional $15 will be assigned to those who wish
The Academy of Reflective Wellness to print for you. 

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Reflexology Certification

The Academy of Reflective Wellness


2020-2021

Curriculum


       East Meets West Reflexology Certification


All classes are scheduled for weekends to provide easier access to adult learners. Information is presented in 6 modules broken into 2 weekends per module.   Expect new information in each module which will build on previous knowledge.
For those who need ARCB CE’s, these modules provide 32 CE’s each.  Each can be used as a stand-alone module for review of information. You’ll always pick up something new.

Cost per class is $275 per weekend or
$475 per module when paid before Early Bird (EB) dates.
After EB $550 per module.
Module 1: Intro to Reflexology
                Dates Sept 5-6 and 19-20              EB: Aug 28

Module 2: Charting the sessions/Body Systems/ Foot Pathology
                Dates Oct 3-4 and Oct 17-18        EB: Sept 25

Module 3: Build the Foot/ Pathologies/ Essential Oils
                Dates Oct 31- Nov 1 and Nov 14-15      EB: Oct 23

Module 4: TCM Reflexology/ meridians/Paired Organs/ Midterm Exam
                Dates Jan 9-10 and Jan 23-24  2021  EB: Dec 31

Module 5: TCM Reflexology/ Spine/ Dermatomes/ Myotomes/Specific Points
                Dates Feb 6-7, and Feb20-21, 2021      EB: Jan 29
3 clients 3x each to check documentation due at this time

Module 6: TCM Muscles and Meridians/ Utilize info/ Exam
                Dates: March 6-7 and March 20-21, 2021         EB: Feb 26
            10 clients 3x each for documentation evaluation



Make checks payable to The Academy of Reflective Wellness

                                                   4010 Oak St
                                                   Salisbury NC 28147
Or you can utilize Paypal at cyndihill@att.net

Class Location: The Academy of Reflective Wellness
                                4070 Pine St
                                Salisbury NC 28147



Additional Classes offered:

Hands and Ears- concentrating on hands and ears
Prerequisite: understanding of TCM
                Dates: April17-18,  2021          EB March26
Cost:EB $275      after $325 EB date
14 ce’s
               
Face Reflexology-
learning the value of reflections on the face
Prerequisite: understanding of TCM

28 CE's
                Dates: May 1-2 and May 15-16   2021 EB April 23
Cost: EB $475     after EB$ 550


Reflexology: Brain-Gut Axis
Prerequisite: Certified Reflexologist
14 CE's
                Dates May 29-30  2021             EB May 20
Cost: EB $275     After EB date $325

Make checks payable to The Academy of Reflective Wellness
                                                   4010 Oak St
                                                   Salisbury NC 28147
Or you can utilize Paypal at cyndihill@att.net

Class Location: The Academy of Reflective Wellness
                                4070 Pine St
                                Salisbury NC 28147

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Reflexology and the Brain-Gut Axis

What Happens in Vagus

Reflexology and the
Brain-Gut Axis

Save the date

May 30-31, 2020


Prerequisite: Certified Reflexologist 
Perhaps you are aware that the Vagus Nerve sends 80-90% of it's communication to the Brain.  The Brain then assesses that information and communicates back to the Body making up the other 10% of the "conversation."  This makes balancing the Vagus Nerve a valuable part of a Reflexology protocol when addressing:
PTST
Depression
Anxiety
Grief
not to mention
IBS
Pancreatitis
Blood Pressure
just to name a few.
Discover the difference Reflexology can make!
This class is designed to familiarize you with anatomical and reflective locations of the Vagus Nerve and its branches. 

14 ARCB ceu's have been assigned to this education.
Class cost: NCRA Members 295.00
(applies to members of out of state associations as well)
Non Members: 355.00
If registered before May 7

If registered after May 7
Members: 325.00
Non Members 375.00

Register with payment to:
The Academy of Reflective Wellness
4010 Oak St
Salisbury NC 28147

You can also submit payment to 
PayPal at cyndihill@att.net 

Class Location:
4070 Pine St.
Salisbury NC 28147

Upon receipt of payment, your class notes file will be emailed to you.  Please include the current functioning email you wish to receive your file to.
An additional $15 will be assigned to those who wish
The Academy of Reflective Wellness to print for you. 

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Where You Study is Important


Where You Study is Important


Why in the world would anyone want to commit to a 300-hour program in Reflexology when you have a massage industry offering a continuing ed class for 24 hours?  Let's explore that question a bit, shall we?


While NCBTMB has announced they are offering a “national certification” in Reflexology, their test consists of a mere 70 questions, hardly enough to demonstrate a teste’s knowledge base.  But then how much could you be expected to learn in 24 hours, right?  A demonstration of abilities would not be required, nor would case study in any capacity, nor would continuing education.


While the 300 program provides a solid base of reflexology and prepares students to sit for their national boards, the shorter “version” would not.  ARCB (American Reflexology Certification Board providing national certification since 1991) provides a psychometrically approved test of 300 questions, and demonstration of practical application is required.  Beyond that the submission of 90 case studies are required, and continuing education is required to maintain that national certification.


So, there you have it.  You could take a short cut on a bridge that leads to nowhere, OR you can commit to excellence and LEARN Reflexology from a program designed to teach you just that!  Reflexology. 

The choice is yours.


Thursday, March 28, 2019

2019-2020 Certification Class Dates Plus ALL the EXTRAS


The Academy of Reflective Wellness


2019-2020 

Curriculum


       East Meets West Reflexology Certification


All classes are scheduled for weekends to provide easier access to adult learners. Information is presented in 6 modules broken into 2 weekends per module.   Expect new information in each module which will build on previous knowledge.
For those who need ARCB CE’s, these modules provide 28 CE’s each.  Each can be used as stand-alone module for review of information. You’ll always pick up something new.

Cost per class is $275 per weekend or
$475 per module when paid before Early Bird (EB) dates.
After EB $550 per module.
Module 1: Intro to Reflexology
                Dates Sept 7-8 and 21-22              EB: Aug 28
Module 2: Charting the sessions/Body Systems/ Foot Pathology
                Dates Oct 5-6 and Oct 19-20        EB: Sept 25
Module 3: Build the Foot/ Pathologies/ Essential Oils
                Dates Nov 2-3 and Nov 16-17      EB: Oct 30
Module 4: TCM Reflexology/ meridians/Paired Organs/ Midterm Exam
                Dates Jan 11-12 and Jan 25-26    EB: Dec 31
Module 5: TCM Reflexology/ Spine/ Dermatomes/ Myotomes/Specific Points
                Dates Feb 8-9, and Feb 22-23      EB: Jan 29
3 clients 3x each to check documentation due at this time
Module 6: TCM Muscles and Meridians/ Utilize info/ Exam
                Dates: March 7-8 and March 21-22           EB: Feb 26
10 clients 3x each for documentation evaluation



Make checks payable to: The Academy of Reflective Wellness

                                                   4010 Oak St
                                                   Salisbury NC 28147
Or you can utilize Paypal at cyndihill@att.net

Class Location: The Academy of Reflective Wellness
                                4070 Pine St
                                Salisbury NC 28147



Additional Classes offered:

Hands and Ears- concentrating on hands and ears
Prerequisite: understanding of TCM
                Dates: April 18-19  2020          EB April 8
Cost:EB $275      after $325 EB date
14 ce’s
               
Face Reflexology-
learning the value of reflections on the face
Prerequisite: understanding of TCM

28 ce’s
                Dates: May 2-3 and May 16-17   2020 EB May 6
Cost: EB $475     after EB$ 550


Reflexology: Brain-Gut Axis
Prerequisite: Certified Reflexologist
14 ce’s
                Dates May 30-31  2020             EB May 20
Cost: EB $275     After EB date $325

Make checks payable to: The Academy of Reflective Wellness
                                                   4010 Oak St
                                                   Salisbury NC 28147
Or you can utilize Paypal at cyndihill@att.net

Class Location: The Academy of Reflective Wellness
                                4070 Pine St
                                Salisbury NC 28147


Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Reflexology and the Brain-Gut Axis

What Happens in Vagus

Reflexology and the
Brain-Gut Axis

Save the date 
April 12-13
Salisbury NC


Perhaps you are aware that the Vagus Nerve sends 80-90% of it's communication to the Brain.  The Brain then assesses that information and communicates back to the Body making up the other 10% of the "conversation."  This makes balancing the Vagus Nerve a valuable part of a Reflexology protocol when addressing:
PTST
Depression
Anxiety
Grief
not to mention
IBS
Pancreatitis
Blood Pressure
just to name a few.
Discover the difference Reflexology can make!
This class is designed to familiarize you with anatomical and reflective locations of the Vagus Nerve and its branches. 
14 ARCB ceu's have been assigned to this education.
Class cost: NCRA Members 275.00
(applies to members of out of state associations as well)
Non Members: 325.00
If registered before April 7
after
Members: 325.00
Non Members 375.00
All proceeds from this class will be contributed to NCRA to assist with efforts to ensure your right to practice in NC.
Register with payment to:
The Academy of Reflective Wellness
4010 Oak St
Salisbury NC 28147

You can also submit payment to PayPal at cyndihill@att.net using the friends' ad family option.

Upon receipt of payment, your class notes file will be emailed to you.  Please include the current functioning email you wish to receive your file to.
An additional $15 will be assigned to those who wish
The Academy of Reflective Wellness to print for you. 

 

Reflexology and the Brain-Gut Axis

ARCB approved for 14 ceu's
  • Specifics for Reflexologists
  • First Christian Church 613 Statesville Blvd Salisbury NC 28147
  • April 12-13 from 9:00-5:00 each day

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

2019 East Meets West Certification Program

All tuition paid to

The Academy of Reflective Wellness
4010 Oak St
Salisbury NC 28147
Cynthia B Hill
cyndihill@att.net 




East Meets West Reflexology 

Certification Program

300 hr program 
Each module $550

Save on tuition!  Early Bird tuition rates $475

Save even more by prepaying your entire tuition for the course $2565.00



Jan 23-26 (EB Jan 9)

Module 1 

 Basics Reflexology
History
Theories of operation
Foot pathology 
Techniques
 Anatomical terms

Feb 20-23  (EB Feb 6)

Module 2 

Order in the Session
Review from 1st mod.
Intake forms
Charting a session
Body Systems

March 20-23 (EB March 6)

Module 3 

Build the Bones
Aromatherapy Introduction Body System Oils.
Foot Pathology Techniques
Build a foot: bones of the foot and lower leg.
Introduction to coming attractions in TCM

April 17-20 (EB April3)

Module 4 

TCM and Reflexology/ Midterm exam
TCM and Reflexology
Elements
Paired organs
Meridians

May 15-18 (EB May1)

Module 5 

Spine • (Assignment 3 clients 3x each)
Nerves to organs
Intro Dermatomes
Intro Myotomes
Work on instructor

June 12-15 (EB May 29)

Module 6

 Muscles and Meridians
Mapping muscles in the body
Relation of muscles to meridians
How to use the information
Review of program
Exam.  And documentation of 10 clients 3x each.

Classes will be conducted from
9:00 AM- 5:00 PM
Wednesdays through Saturdays 

at 

First Christian Church
613 Statesville Blvd
Salisbury NC 28147

students reviewing a module may review at half tuition price